What is Hypnofertility?
Hypnofertility is a hypnotic process specifically designed to support fertility and conception. In our work together, I assist you to become more receptive to positive suggestions for conception, as well as to identify and release whatever may be blocking you from becoming pregnant. (see Factors that effect fertility page)
Hypnosis is a state of focused, restful awareness. We are in similar states, naturally, many times throughout the day.
You may experience this as being very relaxed or peacefully focused. Like when you’re daydreaming, or watching a movie, or engrossed in a book, or driving on autopilot.
Deep states of hypnosis are similar to how you feel just before you drift into sleep–peaceful and comfortable and pleasurably relaxed.
Throughout the process you remain aware and in complete control. You are able later to remember everything that occurred. Coming out of hypnosis you feel refreshed and peaceful, as if you’ve just awakened from a soothing nap.
Fertility by Hypnosis allows you to invite your body to be more relaxed and receptive during love-making, or IVF or IUI, as well as to help create a healthy, welcoming internal state, emotionally, physically and spiritually, wherein the baby can thrive.
Thus, your relationship with your child begins even before conception—creating a loving state of positive expectancy, and opening yourself, peacefully and joyfully, to bringing in baby.
As in all assisted reproductive technologies, specific results cannot be guaranteed. However, women all over the world have found Fertility by Hypnosis to be a beautiful, mysterious, gently powerful process that has successfully helped them conceive and carry their babies to term.
How else can hypnotherapy help you conceive?
- Feel more in control of your life.
- Reduce physical stress related symptoms such as insomnia, fatigue and headaches.
- Reduce feelings of sense of loss, grief and sadness.
- Help you stop obsessing about having a baby and lead a more balanced life.
- Learn techniques to help you manage feelings of anger (especially if you have those friends who get pregnant by just thinking about it.
- Reduce discomfort during fertility treatments by using effective relaxation techniques.
- Hypnosis for fertility has been shown to increase conception by 30% and doubles the rate of success of IVF treatment.
- Helps to balances hormone levels.
- Looks at lifestyle changes that may need to be helpful.
- Examines your diet and educates which foods are good/bad for conception.
Hypnotherapy represents a safe and powerful way of increasing fertility either as a sole therapy in cases of unexplained infertility or in combination with fertility treatments such as IVF, IUI and fertility medications.
Men and Infertility
Stress can also affect men’s fertility. This can strain self-esteem, impact the sexual relationship, and lead to further stress, depression and relationship problems.
Hypnosis can be helpful in supporting male fertility as well as women’s.